This is your chance to participate in our upcoming production of “Annie”! During this memorable experience, participants will gain confidence, work cooperatively with others, and be responsible for meeting deadlines and expectations. Adults can join us on stage as well, or participate in the production in a variety of ways. This will be both fun and challenging while participants learn about the essentials of acting, music, dance, and stagecraft as well as theater history. We look forward to nurturing your imagination and creativity in a way the entire family will never forget!
"Tomorrow is just a day away" and auditions for Annie are on August 19th and 20th! Join us at our Audition Workshop to make sure you have the song and monologue choice that’s just right for you! Learn more about each character…so you know which role you want to audition for. Learn the audition dance so you can show us your amazing moves! Come and work hands-on with the creative team on preparing for Annie 2017 auditions.
Date: Saturday August 12, 2017 from 10 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Kirkpatrick's School of Dance, 1701 Leslie Street #100, San Mateo CA
Adults and children ages 6 and up
What to Expect as an Actor
- All participants will be cast in an ensemble role regardless of whether or not a speaking role is offered to them.
- All participants will perform in at least three ensemble numbers in the show.
- The audition process is a combined effort by the artistic staff and a board appointed representative. All will be involved during auditions and will participate in providing audition feedback to students. The audition team will make final casting decisions.
- Speaking and specialty roles will be double cast wherever possible, allowing more participants an opportunity to experience solo performing.
- As an ensemble-based theater group, ALL participants will perform in ALL performances in the appropriate/assigned ensemble numbers whether or not they have a speaking or specialty role.
Rehearsal and Performance Details
- Rehearsals are held at Kirkpatrick's School of Dance in San Mateo.
- Rehearsals are held on Saturdays and Sundays. Due to a shortened timeline, we have also added Monday evening rehearsals for Principal Characters and Specialty Dance.
- Our performance venue has changed! This fall we will be performing at Carlmont High School in San Carlos.
Family Involvement & Mainstage Policies
Creating theatre is about people working together. While we are fortunate enough to have a professional production staff, parent volunteers are an integral part of putting on an e.T.c. Mainstage production. Both actors and their families have roles in the production. A typical e.T.c. Mainstage production includes a total of over 2000 hours of volunteer time. This is divided among the families of all cast members. It is important to review and understand e.T.c.'s Family Involvement & Mainstage Policies which cover the following topics:
- Participant Behavior Guidelines
- Parent Responsibilities
- Mandatory Parent Meeting
- Mandatory Volunteer Requirement
- Mandatory Work Days
- Attendance and Conflicts Policy
- Costume Policy
- Drop/Refund Policy
If you are new to e.T.c. or theater in general, many of your questions may be answered on the Family Involvement & Mainstage Policies page.
Rehearsals are held on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and Monday evenings in San Mateo. Monday evening rehearsals are for Principal Characters and Specialty Dance.
Tech Week rehearsals are 5:30-9:30 at Carlmont High School.
e.T.c. must be informed of all conflicts for the entire season by the participant's audition date. Participants are allowed three conflicts, but those conflicts may not fall on Mandatory rehearsal days, during Tech Week, or during any performance. Please review the e.T.c. Attendance and Conflicts Policy.
Note: Schedule and times subject to change (last updated 8/5/2017)
Workshop: Saturday August 12, 2017 from 10 am - 12:30 pm (note new date and time!) at Kirkpatrick's Dance Studio in San Mateo
Auditions: Saturday August 19 from 1 pm - 5 pm and Sunday August 20 from 11 am - 4 pm (must be registered and have an audition-spot to audition)
Callbacks (by appointment only): Monday August 21, 2017 from 6 pm - 9 pm
Parent and Volunteer Meeting — Mandatory: Saturday August 26, 2017 Time TBD
Rehearsals: Saturday August 26 through Saturday October 14, 2017
Rehearsals will be scheduled for the following groups within the following time periods (subject to change):
- Saturdays 1 pm – 6 pm (All Cast)
- Sundays 11 am – 6 pm (All Cast)
- Mondays 6 pm - 9 pm (Principal Characters and Specialty Dance)
- No rehearsals on: Sunday September 3 (Labor Day), Monday September 4 (Labor Day), Saturday September 30 (Yom Kippur)
- Mandatory rehearsal days - Oct 1, 2017 - October 14, 2017 (no conflicts on these days)
Load-In: Saturday October 14, 2017
Tech Week: October 15-19, 2017 at Carlmont High School
- Sunday October 15 - Cue to Cue 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Monday - Wednesday October 16-18, 2017 - Tech rehearsal 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Company Party: TBD
Performances October 19-22 and October 26-29, 2017
Benefit Performances: Thursday October 19 & Thursday October 26 at 7 pm
Evening Performances: Friday October 20, Saturday October 28 at 7:30 pm (please note no performance on Friday October 27th)
Matinee Performances: Saturday-Sunday October 21-22 & Saturday-Sunday October 28-29 at 2:00 pm
Strike will be immediately after the October 29th matinee
Registration fees are per person and include a complimentary T-shirt.
- $400 first child participant (ages 6-18)*
- $275 additional child participant (ages 6-18)*
- $200 adult participant*
*IMPORTANT NOTE: the registration fee does not include the costume fee. The costume fee depends on the complexity of your character's costumes. The maximum costume fee is $125. You will be charged costume fees prior to the last show. All fees must be collected prior to the last show. Please review the Costume Policy for more information.
- Costumes are provided by e.T.c., but are the financial resposibility of the actor. Costume bills will be distributed prior to the closing of the show, and must be paid by the closing performance. The costume charge is based on the complexity of the costume(s), but will never exceed $125. Please review the Costume Policy for more information.
- Participants must provide their own shoes and makeup.
- Headshots are required. We usually contract with a local photographer to have them done for a nominal fee (paid directly to the photographer), but you may provide your own black and white 5x7 instead.
- Each family is asked to procure a raffle prize. This may be donated by the family themselves, or they may solicit donations from local businesses.
- Families can purchase a volunteer requirement buy-out option for $500 during the online registration process if unable to volunteer 25 hours over the three month period. Please review the Mandatory Volunteer Requirement policy for more information.
- Parents are responsible for purchasing their own tickets to the performances. We often offer discounted ticket deals; these will be announced when rehearsals start.
- There is a small per-person fee for the cast party to cover the facility rental.
- Sweatshirts and additional T-shirts (after the included participant t-shirt) may be purchased.
- Additional one-liners (after the included one-liner) for the program may be purchased.
- Raffle tickets may also be purchased.
- Parents may wish to purchase ad space in the program for their businesses or to cheer their actors on!
Any registrant who drops from the program is entitled to a refund as follows:
- 100% refund prior to Workshop
- 75% refund prior to first Audition Day
- NO REFUNDS will be given following auditions
A limited number of full, partial and work scholarships are available and are awarded based on financial needs. Students on scholarships may be required to contribute an additional twenty hours of assigned duties. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information prior to registering online.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Please fill out this online registration form completely for all participants including adults and children.
- If you participated in the Beauty and the Beast 2016 or Narnia 2017 productions, then an account for your family should exist, please recover your password to proceed. If you need help, please email email@example.com.
- When checking out, you may choose to pay now with a credit or debit card, or to pay later and we will collect your fees at the audition workshop or auditions (check or credit card accepted). Payment must be received in full before auditioning.
- After completing the registration, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration. You will receive another email (Enrollment Confirmation) that contains links to Audition Signups and Forms that you must print out and bring with you to auditions.
- Note: e.T.c. needs a minimum number of participants to make the show financially feasible. If we do not have enough participants registered by midnight Friday August 18 then e.T.c. reserves the right to cancel the production.
For questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org